OUR CRIMINAL DEFENSE PRACTICE
When you hire us to defend you on any criminal charge, we conduct a thorough investigation of what happened, looking carefully at police reports and questioning all relevant witnesses to craft the most effective defense. We’ll look at how police gathered evidence against you, confirming that there was probable cause for any search, seizure or arrest. If irregularities are found, we’ll seek to exclude evidence improperly obtained or dismiss charges, if appropriate.
We handle all types of criminal cases in Arizona, from traffic offenses and misdemeanors to felony charges.
Our experienced Arizona defense lawyers defend people charged with all types of crimes, including:
- Homicide—murder, manslaughter and involuntary manslaughter
- Theft crimes—grand and petty larceny, shoplifting, misappropriation of goods, embezzlement
- Drug offenses—possession, trafficking, cultivation and conspiracy
- Sex crimes—sexual assault, rape, molestation, public lewdness, and prostitution and soliciting
- DUI/DWI—driving under the influence, driving while intoxicated
- Firearms—Gun violations
- Physical Assault and battery, robbery, burglary
- White collar crimes
- Computer and internet crimes
In some cases, a plea bargain can be a valuable tool for reducing sentencing, but in other cases, it is used as an intimidation tool.
Your Tucson criminal defense lawyer from My AZ Lawyers can help you find other ways to reduce sentencing and other penalties. This may be possible without ever going to court; however, your lawyer is prepared to represent you at trial, if necessary. Getting a reduction in sentencing can help you to avoid jail time altogether or to have the opportunity to start your life again as quickly as possible after receiving sentencing.
Furthermore, don’t gamble with your future. If you have been charged with a crime, call My AZ Lawyers to find out how our criminal defense attorneys may be able to help you.
Things to Know Regarding Criminal Charges in Arizona
1. Charged with a crime does not mean a conviction. The fact that you may have received a summons or been arrested for a crime does not mean you have been convicted of that crime. Convictions in Arizona occur when either someone pleads guilty to a crime or is found guilty of a crime at trial. ALL Defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty. It is the job of the State or the Prosecutor’s office to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the person charged with the crime actually committed the crime. Therefore, the assistance of experienced Arizona Criminal defense attorneys are extremely helpful in attempting to prevent a conviction.
2. You may be able to avoid a conviction. Even if you don’t have the best of cases, you still may be able to avoid a conviction of a crime. Therefore, our experienced Arizona criminal attorneys will work with you every step pf the way. Plus, there are a number of things that our our criminal defense team will do to achieve a positive outcome on your case. Also, we can help determine strategies to help avoid conviction by helping you complete treatment, rehabilitative and educational classes, community service, etc. These factors can be used to demonstrate to the prosecution that leniency should be considered.
3. The Arizona criminal justice process. The criminal justice process in Arizona may seem very confusing, especially to someone who has never dealt with it. Basically, it involves an arraignment, motions, pretrial status conferences, trial, and sentencing. Thus, the assistance of a dedicated criminal defense lawyer to help guide you through the criminal defense process would be a highly suggested option.